About the Spokane Citizen Hall of Fame
Are you inspired by someone in the city of Spokane who has made significant contributions to the development and quality of life in our community?
- Why does this individual deserve recognition?
- How has this individual’s achievements brought recognition to Spokane and/or contributed to Spokane’s development and quality of life?
Categories in which the citizens will be honored for their achievements may include:
- Arts and Letters
- For activities that enhance and support the artistic/cultural and literary life and well-being of the community
- Economic Development and Business
- For entrepreneurial activity or significant contributions toward the economic betterment of Spokane
- For enriching and inspiring lifelong learning in our community
- Innovation and Leadership
- For activities that cultivate strong innovation and leadership city-wide
- Public Service and Philanthropy
- For exemplary voluntary and public service activities that benefit the community
- Science, Health, and Medicine
- For individuals who have made significant contributions in the area of science, health or medicine
Criteria for induction into the Spokane Citizen Hall of Fame includes:
- Made outstanding contributions to the quality of life and development of the City of Spokane
- Be available on May 1st to attend the awards ceremony at the Spokane Public Library, 906 W Main, 7:30 to 9:30 am.
(if living or send someone to attend on your behalf)
After all nominations have been received, the community selection committee will review the nominations. A meeting of the committee will be held in late February to determine and select the citizens to be honored from each of the categories. There will be three citizens chosen as finalists in each category.
A breakfast will be held on Tuesday, May 1st at 7:30 am in the Community Lens in the Downtown branch of the Spokane Public Library to honor the individuals. Doors will open at 7 am.
Nomination forms here or pick up a form at one of our six library branches and mail the completed nomination form to:
Spokane Public Library Foundation
Attn: Spokane Citizen Hall of Fame
906 West Main Avenue
Spokane, WA 99201
For questions, reach out to Sarah Bain, 509-444-5318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Selection Committee is comprised of representatives from a cross section of citizens that represent people in all six categories spanning professional organizations, educational institutions and service groups along with members of City Hall and the Spokane Public Library Foundation Board of Directors.